While Selling Your Home . . .
This Will Most Likely Happen While You Sell…
- The buyer will negotiate 2-5 times on this transaction. They will negotiate the purchase price, the inspection, potentially the appraisal, the final walk-thru.
- You will want to tell your friends and family about your experience on social media sites. Don’t!
- The property might not appraise for what you are selling it for.
- The agent will miss scheduled appointments, and not call or show up.
- Appointments will be made and cancelled at the last minute.
- The agent on the business card will be in witness protection and will not return any phone calls for feedback or interest level.
- Some showings will last five minutes and some will last 3 hours.
- There will be a day when I call you and say someone wants to see your home, you will ask me when, and I am going to say; pull back your curtains…they are sitting outside now!
- Agents are going to make appointments at the very last minute.
- Agents are going to knock on your door, or even drive by and see you in the yard, and ask if they can see your home. (call me if this happens)
- Expect low offers – it is a starting point. No need to take personally.
- The buyers may lose their job or worse yet quit during the mortgage process.
- We may or may not receive multiple offers on your home.