Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the buying process take?
- Will I get my earnest money back if the contract is not accepted?
- What is the process to get my earnest money back if the contract is accepted and the home inspection finds an issue?
- Should I lock in my interest rate or should I float?
- When will I get the keys?
- What happens at the closing?
- What monies will I need to come with?
- Is the closing date on my contract guaranteed?
- How long does the home inspection take?
- Do I really need to have the home inspected?
- How much should I offer on a home?
- When should I make an offer?
- How many homes does the average buyer look at?
- How often do you find the perfect property on the first day (80-10-10 rule)?
- Is there anything I should NOT do during the house hunting process?
- What is the likelihood of a multiple offer situation?
- What can we do to help the chances of my offer being accepted?
- Can I go and look at homes without you with me?
- Can I just call the number on the sign if I see a house I am interested in?
- Is there one website that will show the most accurate information about homes available?
- Can we look at homes while I am in the process of getting approved for a mortgage?